- Information Adept
- Senior Content Strategist, Information Architect, Instructional Designer, Trainer, Technical Writer, Editor, and Copywriter with extensive experience in the creation of training and informational print and online products using various tools including Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe eLearning and Creative Suites, Captivate, Camtasia, Wiki platforms and others.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with developers, end users, quality assurance personnel, subject matter experts, senior management, peers and teammates.
- Strong technical aptitude with the proven ability to learn new applications, tools, and technology quickly and efficiently and to train others in their use.
- Creative and concise, with meticulous attention to detail.
Bimbo Bakeries, USA, Bay Shore, NY
August 2016 – September 2016
Technical Writer / Instructional Designer (Contractor)
- Updated “Dell Latitude 11 User Guide” for a tablet PC running Windows 10. A PowerPoint presentation used by a trainer for live delivery to Bimbo personnel. This is a basic introduction to the device, which replaced the older Dell Venue Pro 11 tablet. Interface changes and OS differences were updated, as well as adding new slides to expand the scope of this presentation.
- Modified “How to Use the DSD Excellence Application” PowerPoint deck to incorporate features of updated version of software. Added necessary sections on taking photos, exporting data, etc. Presentation also for use in live employee training situation.
Creative Mobile Technologies, New York, NY
January 2016 – June 2016
- Re-created and updated FleetNet documentation using Adobe FrameMaker for single-source conditional output in print and Internet-capable formats.
- Spearheaded documentation effort on new Arcus application, a product of Mobile Knowledge, Canada, subsidiary of CMT.
- Created CMTHelp.com TWiki (wiki) site for online delivery and review of CMT documentation.
- Worked with developers and QA to improve FleetNet user interface.
Morgan Stanley Bank, New York, NY
April 2012 – November 2015
- Updated Author 2010 Documentation (Morgan Stanley proprietary add-in for MicroSoft Office).
- Created and maintained Author TWiki for use by internal and external Morgan Stanley clients.
- Coordinated and hosted bi-monthly Author Helpdesk meetings with global personnel.
- Designed, created and maintained other TWiki sites for Content Strategy and Morgan Stanley use.
- Created Captivate eLearning modules based on PowerPoint presentations and “live” demonstrations of software for use by Morgan Stanley Banking, HR, and other departments.
- Maintained various SharePoint 2007 and 2010 sites for Morgan Stanley user groups.
Intellicheck Mobilisa, Inc., Jericho NY
Sep. 2006 – August 2011
- Worked closely with development, QA, sales, customer service, and upper-level management in the development of technical documentation including reference guides, on-line help videos, marketing materials, package design, presentations, et al.
- Edited, compiled, scripted and recorded voice-overs, and modified videos for use on company website, presentations and in-house applications and training using Camtasia and other tools.
- Created marketing materials, demo versions and prototypes of Defense ID® Fugitive Finder, Visitor’s Center and Management Center products.
- Created and updated installation guides and user manuals (print and online) for ID-Check BHO and various other products for GE Money, JPMorgan chase, LL Bean and other commercial clients.
- Evaluated and tested new products in conjunction with QA and developers.
CosmoCom, Inc., Melville, N.Y.
Nov. 2000 – May 2006
Team Leader, Technical Documentation / Instructor
- Headed a small team of writers; assigned work and managed projects.
- Created Tutorials using Adobe Captivate for in-house use by documentation team.
- Created CosmoCom Technical Documentation Style Guide for use by documentation team, and trained the team in its use.
- Migrated "static" documentation into Confluence, an enterprise-wide commercial wiki application.
- Created and maintained intranet web pages for current software releases, and maintained Engineering web pages and FTP server information for use by engineering team worldwide.
- Designed, created and maintained a “suite” of documents for CosmoCom Universe 4.
Kaye, Scholer, Fierman, Hays & Handler LLP, New York, N.Y.
Feb. 2000 – Nov. 2000
Marketing Writer / Business Development Department
- Worked closely with partners of the firm in the development and modification of attorney biographies, practice descriptions and ancillary documents, in print and on the Kaye, Scholer website.
- Created marketing "pitch" books to sell KSFH&H services to various clients worldwide.
Bloomberg L.P., New York, N.Y.
Apr. 1997 – Feb. 2000
Technical Writer / Trainer, Engineering Department
- Worked with engineers, field technicians, and management personnel to create and update numerous documents.
- Trained other Technical Writers in use of FrameMaker, PhotoShop and other documentation tools.
- Updated existing documentation and created new documentation for Bloomberg products.
- Created and modified graphics for inclusion in documentation using Visio, PhotoShop, Adobe Illustrator, AutoCAD, and Paint Shop Pro applications.
- Reorganized old documentation: identified obsolete documentation, and translated current documents into FrameMaker format to simplifiy translation into PDF files for distribution.
Donovan Data Systems, New York, N.Y.
Apr. 1994 - Apr. 1997
- Designed and user tested version of Talent Easy Estimating for Windows while under development; and wrote alpha and beta versions of documentation.
- Created on-line, alpha help system for Easy Estimating for Windows, a product of Talent Partners, sister company to DDS.
- Researched, created and updated technical and management briefings for DDS products.
Consortium for Worker Education, New York, N.Y.
Apr. 1995 - Apr. 1997
Computer Instructor (Part Time)
- Designed and delivered instruction for adult learners in WordPerfect 5.1 for DOS, Word 6.0 / 7.0 for Windows, Excel 6.0 / 7.0 for Windows and Windows 3.11 / 95.
Johnson & Higgins, New York, N.Y.
Aug. 1992 - Apr. 1994
Documentarian / Instructional Designer
- Designed new, and updated existing training and reference materials for use by J&H trainers and users nationwide. Worked on-site with trainers and students to improve the training.
- Authored user release notes for Johnson & Higgins upgrade from BIS III Brokerage Information System software to J&H INSIGHT system, as well as other systems.
- Created Trust Asset Management sales material, on-line Windows help facility and user guide for Henry Ward Johnson, division of J&H.
- Edited, designed and contributed to quarterly J&H internal newsletter, BIS-Link.
BankAmerica International, New York New York, N.Y.
Mar. 1992 - Aug. 1992
Technical Writer (Consultant)
- Involved in many facets of BINY/Security Pacific International Bank merger process.
- Designed and produced BINY - Customer Service Investigations Training Support Documentation, CONY P&R Training Support Documentation, and CONY Telecommunications Training Support Documentation.
- Revised, edited and produced Money Transfer Support - Customer Service Desktop Procedures and BINY Wireroom Desktop User Reference.
- Revised and produced updated version of BINY Account Administration Activities and Procedures.
- Updated user manuals for Telecommunications and Paying & Receiving functions.
- Produced many documents for New York Payment Systems including implementation scripts for hardware updates and release notes for CONY updates.
SYSTEMS / APPLICATIONS
- RoboHelp, Captivate, Camtasia Studio 7, FrameMaker, Doc-to-Help, ForeHelp, Word, WordPerfect, WebWorks Publisher Professional, WordPress CMS, Drupal CMS, Joomla! CMS, SharePoint 2007 & 2010
- Adobe Illustrator, Adobe InDesign, PhotoShop, Adobe GoLive!, AutoCad, Front Page, Page Mill, Paint Shop Pro, Power Point, Excel, Visio
- TWiki, Atlassian Confluence (Wiki) and Jira (project management and tracking) applications
EDUCATION AND PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIPS
- Bachelor of Arts, Dual Major, Computer Science and English
- City University of New York, New York, N.Y., 1993 GPA 3.85
- Certificate in Computer Programming
New York University, School of Continuing Education, New York, N.Y., 1985
- Studied programming, including RPG II, OCL, JCL, COBOL, BASIC, C.
- Senior Member Society for Technical Communication
- Voting Member Association for Computing Machinery